Avignon is the most conveniently situated airport for the Provence area and cities such as Avignon itself, Arles, St Remy and Carpentras; there are also good transport links to the rest of the region and the Cote d'Azur.
Although there may be closer airports to the south coast, such as Marseille and Nice, Avignon has a good selection of flights to/from destinations that you may not have considered. It might also make a good first port of call for your holiday as another city or area to explore!
- Airport Code: AVN
- Distance from Avignon city centre: 8km south east
- Number of terminals: 1 (only operating from April through until Mid November)
- Accepted Currency: Euros (€) are accepted in shops and car parks. CHF's, €'s and £'s can be used in most of the restaurants. Change is usually given in €'s.
Travel & Transport:
- Parking: There are more than 250 parking spaces available outside the terminal, with long and short stay options available.
- Car Hire: There are a number of international rental companies based within the terminal, including Avis. Their desks are located opposite the baggage reclaims carousel. Passengers are advised to book in advance.Further details of car hire companies can be found in our Car Hire Page.
- Travelling to Provence: The most common methods of getting from Avignon Airport to Provence are by taxi or hire car.
- Railway Station: As there are no train or coach facilities available at the airport, so taking a taxi is your only option for onward travel if you choose not to hire a car. Once you've reached Avignon town centre there are connections via train and bus to local destinations and France's major cities. Read more about train services here.
- Airlines: Not all airlines that use Avignon fly direct but the main airlines are Flybe and Cityjet. They travel to the following destinations: Find a flight here.
- Belfast City
Services & Facilities:
- Restaurants, Bars & Takeaways: 3 restaurants including 'Bar & Restaurant Rapide lattitude Sud', 'Le Courte Paille' and 'Restaurant de l'aeroclub Mamma Mia'.
- Conference Rooms: There are no dedicated business facilities within the terminal, so business passengers should contact local hotels to check on the availability of such facilities. However, refreshments can be purchased from a number of bars and restaurants within the airport.
- Smokers: Smoking is prohibited inside ALL airport buildings.
Luggage / Animals
- Large / Unusual Luggage: Items such as bikes, skis or other large objects should be checked in as usual and then you will be directed where to take them.
- Animals: On flights between Avignon and the UK, the transport of animals is not allowed either in the hold or in the cabin. For guide dogs, please contact your airline.
- 335, Avenue Clément ADER - 84140 MONTFAVET
More Provence Insights...
- When to view the lavender fields in Provence
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Which Provence restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com