A mixed civilian and naval airport, Nîmes primarily handles international traffic on low-cost European routes.
Although there may be closer airports to the south coast, such as Marseille and Nice, Nimes offers a good connection to/from London, Liverpool and Brussels. It might also make a good first port of call for your holiday as another city or area to explore!
- Airport Code: FNI
- Distance from Nimes city centre: 12km south east of central Nimes
- Number of terminals: 1
Travel & Transport:
- Parking: There are 580 parking spaces available outside the terminal, with long and short stay options available. You can also pay for a single stay, monthly or annually.
- Car Hire: There are a number of international rental companies based within the terminal, including Avis. Their desks are located just outside the terminal. Passengers are advised to book in advance. Further details of car hire companies can be found in our Car Hire Page.
- Travelling to Nimes: The most common methods of getting from the Airport to central Nimes is by shuttle. It is timed to coincide with flight departures and arrivals. It will drop you at Nîmes airport between 80 and 100 minutes before flight departures. It leaves the airport 15 minutes after arrivals, so you will need to pass through the airport fairly smartly to catch it after your flight. The journey time is around 30-35 mins. You can ask the driver to drop you off at a specific hotel or (in theory) arrange to be picked up at your hotel by phoning in advance. Tel (+33) 4 66 28 14 49.
- Railway Station: As there are no train or coach facilities available at the airport, so taking the shuttle or a taxi is your only option for onward travel if you choose not to hire a car. Once you've reached Nimes town centre there are connections via train and bus to local destinations and France's major cities.
- Airlines: The budget airline Ryanair connects Nimes with London, Liverpool and Brussels.
Services & Facilities:
- Restaurants, Bars & Takeaways: There are several cafe and snack places located within the terminal building, including a rather nice restaurant on the land side of the main building.
- Conference Rooms: There are no dedicated business facilities within the terminal, so business passengers should contact local hotels to check on the availability of such facilities. However, refreshments can be purchased from a number of bars and restaurants within the airport.
- Smokers: Smoking is prohibited inside ALL airport buildings.
Luggage / Animals
- Large / Unusual Luggage: Items such as bikes, skis or other large objects should be checked in as usual and then you will be directed where to take them.
- Animals: On flights between Avignon and the UK, the transport of animals is not allowed either in the hold or in the cabin. For guide dogs, please contact your airline.
- Aéroport de Nîmes Alès Camargue Cévennes 30800 Saint-Gilles