Originally built in 1222 this church was renovated and extended in the Italian Baroque style in the 17th century and was consecrated in 1672 by the Bishop of Cavaillon.
The interior is home to some of the best example of baroque that we can find in the south of France, with lavish frescoes, paintings & sculptures. There are 222 angel statues who accompany the Virgin to heaven, along with a set of thirty-three painted figures representing the mystery of the Trinity.
Tours are available through the tourist office.
- Place de l'Eglise L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue
More Provence Insights...
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence
- What's On in Provence August 2019
- Avignon, best cruise destination in the world