Discovered in 1836 by a hunter whose ferret slid into a cavity! Since then 57 km of galleries have been explored and listed.
During a guided tour which last for about one hour, you will discover an underground network of caves which have been converted and illuminated in an enchanting manner. The tour will allow you to reach the most beautiful rooms of the network on a 600m long circuit.
The cave is situated near the entrance of the gorges of the Ardèche, around 6 km from the village of Saint Martin d’Ardèche.
When to come
Opening dates & times:
- 06 February to 06 March 13h30-14h30-16h
- 26 March to 26 June 10h-18h
- 27 June to 04 September 10h-19h
- 05 September to 2nd October 10h-18h
- 03 October to 13 November 10h-17h
How to get passes
- Adults (15 yrs+) 10 euros, children 6-15 yrs 7 euros. Under 6's go free.
Children up to the age of 6 years old have free entry to the caves. For children between 6 and 12 years there is a reduced entry fee.
- Free parking
- Indoor Activities
- Route des Gorges St Marcel d’Ardèche