The Ban des Vendanges, a festival to celebrate the beginning of the grape harvest, takes place in Avignon near the end of August and the beginning of September each year.
This is a free event which takes place in the Rocher des Doms up by the Palais du Papes. Expect wine tastings, a gourmet food market, fun for the children and traditional concerts during the evening.
Date and program to come.
- Rocher des Doms
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence