This modern revival of the jazz festivals of the 70s and 80s, under the stars in St Remy celebrates its 11th edition in 2019.
Back in the day, the Saint Rémy Jazz Festival was one of the most talked about music festivals in France. Today's version of the event isn't trying to recreate those days gone by but to showcase some of the finest French jazz musicians of the 21st century.
Established in December 2007, Jazz a Saint Rémy began with a dozen willing volunteers and now has hundreds of members. During the festival, there will be free concerts taking place throughout the town and jam sessions afterwards.
Visit their website for full details on the programme of events. Tickets are available online.
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence