Holiday treats, festive fun and Christmas wishes for all the family in Avignon this Christmas time, including a Christmas market.
In Provence, the religious tradition of "Christmas time" says that it should last 40 days, and finish at Candlemas. In Avignon in Provence, this is very much adhered to, including the midnight mass and family gathering round the nativity scene on Christmas Eve.
Often spoken of as one of the prettiest Christmas markets in Provence, the Avignon market is alight with colour, sparkle, food, mulled wine, traditional crafts and an air of magic and Christmas spirit!
It's on daily throughout December and you can visit the numerous stalls and find some traditional Christmas gifts as well as enjoying the street art, performances, music and dance. Parade, folk dances, clowns and Christmas carols are all part of this month-long celebration.
Click on the website link for a full programme of festivities.
More Provence Insights...
- When to view the lavender fields in Provence
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Which Provence restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com