Christmas in Provence is a really beautiful time, with street parades, lights, displays and fun activities for the family and in Aix-en-Provence and Avignon – and plenty of shopping too.
The shops at this time of year are filled with Christmas gift ideas, tasty local treats and produce, toys, tree decorations and traditional Christmas 'santons' – terracotta nativity figurines – and you'll be spoilt for choice with a vast array of places to visit. Although, obviously, Christmas isn't just about the commercial side of things and gift-giving as there are lots of cultural, traditional events and fun to be had for the whole family.
Here's a quick look at some of the highlights taking in place in Provence's main cities this festive season.
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence