Christmas in Provence is a really beautiful time, with street parades, lights, displays and fun activities for the family and in Aix-en-Provence and Avignon – and plenty of shopping too.
The shops at this time of year are filled with Christmas gift ideas, tasty local treats and produce, toys, tree decorations and traditional Christmas 'santons' – terracotta nativity figurines – and you'll be spoilt for choice with a vast array of places to visit. Although, obviously, Christmas isn't just about the commercial side of things and gift-giving as there are lots of cultural, traditional events and fun to be had for the whole family.
Here's a quick look at some of the highlights taking in place in Provence's main cities this festive season.
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Provence
- What's On in Provence August 2019
- Avignon, best cruise destination in the world
- What's on in Provence July 2019
- Celebrity weddings in Provence
- Provence's lavender fields turn into catwalk