This is Aix's fine art gallery, housed in the 17th century Palais de Malte. The collections includes works by a variety of European painters, including two by Rubens and a small selection of Paul Cezanne.
Around 600 paintings, sculptures and archaeological discoveries are on show. Their permanent collections include works by the Italian masters, French painitng from the 18th century, the 19th century Granet and Ingres. Cezanne and a special exhibition 'From Cezanne to Giacometti'.
They also have many temporary exhibitions, works that are on loan and special events throughout the year.
- Disabled access
- Pets not allowed
- Place Saint Jean de Malte Aix-en-Provence
More Provence Insights...
- When to view the lavender fields in Provence
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Which Provence restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com