Located in the east of the Provence region, Cotes de Provence Frejus is the area that runs from St Raphael by the coast, to Callas in the north. It’s a relatively small producer of wines compared to the other areas, with only 13 hectares out of a potential 235 hectares actually exploited.
The micro climate here is characterised by the almost continuous sea breeze and steady temperatures. The rose wine is characterised by mineral freshness and tropical fruit notes. The reds tend to be a deep ruby colour and can be laid down for 10 years. Around 70,000 bottles are produced each year.
More Provence Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence