The historic city of Avignon, in the heart of Provence, has been selected as the Top-Rated Overall Cruise Destination at the 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards.
Avignon may not be the most obvious cruise destination in the world but it's certainly one of the most popular. Set on the Rhone river, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is famous for its cobbled medieval streets, imposing Papal Palace and the famous Pont d'Avignon, which crosses the river. Cruises take travellers from Paris and Lyon down to Avignon through picturesque countryside and charming medieval towns, tasting Provence's cuisine and 'joie de vivre'.
Cruise Critic is the largest cruise reviews site, based in the UK but boasting the biggest cruise community in the world. These awards are based on member review ratings for trips taken last year.
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence