The Obama family arrived at Avignon airport on Friday evening for what it'll be a week-long holiday after the celebration of younger daughter Sasha's high-school graduation.
The former first family is staying in a luxury villa in Villeneuve-lez-Avignon. Le Mas de Poiriers is a stunning 18th-century farmhouse near Avignon with seven bedrooms plus a two-bedroom cottage. Located in 65 acres of land with a tennis court and swimming pool, this villa offers the space and privacy the family craves. A week here costs €55,000.
The Obamas have been soaking in the local sights. Malia and Sasha were seen visiting the famous market at Isle-sur-la-Sorgue with a couple of friends, where they bought fresh strawberries and browsed through antiques. On Sunday evening, the family visited the Palais des Papes in Avignon. This historical Gothic monument is a must-see for anyone visiting the city. They then enjoyed a gourmet dinner at the Michelin-starred restaurant La Mirande, just opposite the medieval wonder.
More Provence Insights...
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Which Provence restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020