This small wine growing region is leading the way in the production of organic wine (85% is produced biodynamically, and the vitners are pushing for the figure to be 100%). There are about 15 estates that produce mainly red wines (syrah, cabernet sauvignon, grenache & mourvedre), and some white & rose wines (grenache blanc, roussanne). The terroir produces elegant & rich red wine in the more rustic tradition which goes wonderfully well with food. The local wine is celebrated in an annual festival held in May.
More Provence Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence