As part of "Operation Dragoon" to liberate southern France, Allied forces arrived at the coast of Provence on August 15th 1944. This day is celebrated all around the region with parades, live music and popular dances and aperitifs.
Every town has its own festivities which usually end with a fireworks display.
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence