Based on Edward St. Aubyn's autobiographical novels of the same name, the five-part drama limited series 'Patrick Melrose' was partly filmed in the Provencal region of the Vaucluse, where Avignon, Orange and Carpentras reside.
The show tells the story of Patrick Melrose, an aristocratic Englishman haunted by childhood abuse and his quest to overcome his addictions. Starring Benedict Cumberbatch, the miniseries has received extensive praise, especially regarding his performance, and was recently nominated for five Primetime Emmy Awards. The actor himself had revealed a few years before how the role of Melrose was on his bucket list, so this was a dream come true for him.
- Where to watch the Perseids 2019 in Provence
- What's On in Provence August 2019
- Avignon, best cruise destination in the world
- What's on in Provence July 2019
- Celebrity weddings in Provence
- Provence's lavender fields turn into catwalk