The Avignon Festival is one of the biggest performing arts festival in the world, with both an 'official' festival and a 'fringe' festival.
Making full use of Avignon's wonderful architecture, many of the festival events are held in the enormous public space in front of the Palais du Papes where over 2000 spectators can enjoy street theatre and concerts at all times of the day and night.
A fine selection of theatre, dance and music in more formal settings are also part of the festival - be sure to book your accommodation well in advance.
The full programme for the Avignon Festival tends to be released towards the end of March and can be found via the website link on this page.
- 20 rue du Portail Boquier
More Provence Insights...
- When to view the lavender fields in Provence
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Which Provence restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com