The Choregies d'Orange is one of the oldest festivals in France, dating back to 1860. It is one of the world's premier opera festivals which attracts up to 10,000 classical fans very year.
What makes it so special is that performances are held in the astounding Roman amphitheatre in the ancient Roman town of Orange. The acoustics are part of the reason that this music festival has become so successful.
The schedule tends to include a mixture of opera and classical music concerts and can sell out well in advance. Tickets go on sale in October for the following summer.
Visit the website (link above) to buy tickets and to see the full programme.
More Provence Insights...
- When to view the lavender fields in Provence
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Which Provence restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com