The Choregies d'Orange is one of the oldest festivals in France, dating back to 1860. It is one of the world's premier opera festivals which attracts up to 10,000 classical fans very year.
What makes it so special is that performances are held in the astounding Roman amphitheatre in the ancient Roman town of Orange.
The acoustics are part of the reason that this music festival has become so successful. The schedule tends to include a mixture of opera and classical music concerts, and can sell out well in advance.
Tickets go on sale in October for the following summer.
- Monday 19th June at 20:35 - Musiques en fête, live from Chorégies d'Orange
- Thursday June 22nd - Pop the opera - Educational project
- Saturday July 8th at 18:00 - Recital Florian Sempey at St. Louis Court
- Saturday July 8th at 21:45 - Verdi Rigoletto
- Thursday July 11th at 18:00 - Concert des RévélationsClassiques de l'Adami at St. Louis Court
- Tuesday July 11th at 21:45 - Verdi Rigoletto
- Sunday July 17th at 21:45 - Beethoven 9th Symphony
- Thursday July 25th 21:45 - The Phantom of the Opera - film with live musical accompaniment
- Wednesday August 2nd at 21:30 - Verdi Aida
- Friday August 4th at 21:30 - Symphonic Concert The Planets of Holst
- Saturday August 5th at 21:30 - Verdi Aida
Visit the website (link above) to buy tickets.