The Choregies d'Orange is one of the oldest festivals in France, dating back to 1860. It is one of the world's premier opera festivals which attracts up to 10,000 classical fans very year.
What makes it so special is that performances are held in the astounding Roman amphitheatre in the ancient Roman town of Orange. The acoustics are part of the reason that this music festival has become so successful.
The schedule tends to include a mixture of opera and classical music concerts and can sell out well in advance. Tickets go on sale in October for the following summer.
Visit the website (link above) to buy tickets and to see the full programme.
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence