Relive the Roman days in Arles during the Arelate Festival, with daily shows that will transport you back into the days of gladiator battles and horse races.
The festival has been a great success since it was introduced in 2007 and draws its inspiration from its listing as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The fabulous legacy of Rome is so obviously present in Arles that it is easy to imagine you are reliving those times.
Expect entertainments through the streets of Arles, gladiatorial fights, parades and outdoor film screenings in the ancient Roman theatre.
More Provence Insights...
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence
- What's On in Provence August 2019
- Avignon, best cruise destination in the world