Relive the Roman days in Arles during the Arelate Festival, with daily shows that will transport you back into the days of gladiator battles and horse races.
The festival has been a great success since it was introduced in 2007 and draws its inspiration from its listing as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The fabulous legacy of Rome is so obviously present in Arles that it is easy to imagine you are reliving those times.
Expect entertainments through the streets of Arles, gladiatorial fights, parades and outdoor film screenings in the ancient Roman theatre.
More Provence Insights...
- When to view the lavender fields in Provence
- Travellers welcome to Provence from June 15th 2020
- Matt Damon & Ben Affleck on set in Dordogne
- Which Provence restaurants have a Michelin star in 2020?
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com