Arles is renowned for its contemporary photography festival - Les Rencontres d'Arles. More than just a photography festival, the event welcomes famous names from the arts world as well as new graduates from the Arles photography college.
Members of the public can buy a festival pass that allows admission to all the exhibitions, workshops and lectures. Events continue into the evening and are held throughout the town, from Arles' famous Amphitheatre to the Parc des Ateliers exhibition halls.
The main festival lasts for a week in July, but many of the exhibitions remain open until September. Daily tours are also available for 1.5 hours.
Dates for this event
More Provence Insights...
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence
- What's On in Provence August 2019
- Avignon, best cruise destination in the world
- What's on in Provence July 2019