Valreas is surrounded by beautiful lavender fields and on the first weekend in August this flower is celebrated with floats and parades, accompanied by musicians and dancers.
The town of Valréas in the Papal Enclave which lies just outside of Vaucluse county, in Drôme provençale, has the ideal climate for growing lavender. One of the road routes for following the "Lavender Routes" goes right through the Valréas area.
Full Corso de la Lavande program via the link.
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence