This museum was created to protect one of the most important petroglyph sites in Europe, in the Merveilles Valley (valley of Wonders).
The permanent gallery is 750 sqm, and offers a journey into three sections: natural history, archaeology, arts and popular traditions. Featuring a modern museum and audiovisual and multimedia material, this gallery features 20,000-year history of the Valley of Wonders and Haute-Roya through maps, dioramas (multimedia animation), mouldings of rocks and original objects.
There is also a gallery of temporary exhibits of 100 sqm which regularly features other archaeological, artistic or ethnographic work.
The museum shop stocks a range of products mostly made by local artisan craftspeople as well as book, jewellery, ceramics and glass.
- Avenue du 16 septembre 1947