Even though Nîmes lies just outside the PACA-region, the town is so much linked to Provence, in style, in history and in atmosphere, that we think it deserves a place on this website.
Nîmes has a very long and rich history, dating back to the Roman Empire when the city was home to between 50-60,000 people. There are several famous monuments, such as the Nîmes Arena and the Maison Carrée and it is because of this, that Nîmes is often referred to as the French Rome.
More Provence Insights...
- Happy New Year from Provence!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeProvence.com
- Free menus at Michelin-starred restaurants in Provence
- Taylor Swift plays Provence in 2020
- What's on in Provence September 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Provence